01 02 03 ANOVA : PUMPKIN SOUP WITH BASIL PASTE 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

PUMPKIN SOUP WITH BASIL PASTE

34

RECIPE - Fall is coming and so is the season of pumpkins! I don't know about you but I LOVE them. Pumpkin is so versatile, you can use it for so many things... That's why I decided to share with you two different recipes (I actually had a little hokkaido at home and used every half of it for one of them^^) 
First I wanna share with you this pumpkin soup I refined with sweet orange and aromatic saffron, drizzled with some basil paste. I love this twist of the classic pumpkin soup since the flavors are really rich and ignite true fireworks of taste. Bon appétit!





INGREDIENTS - serves 2

     Basil Paste

Cut the pumpkin in rough pieces (if you use hokkaido you don't have to peel the skin off - practical, isn't it?^^). Dice the onion and garlic.



Now heat up the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic. Then add the pumpkin for another few minutes before you pour in the bouillon. Let it all cook for 15 - 20 minutes on low heat until the pumpkin is soft.



For the basil paste, dice the basil and crush the garlic. Put it with the olive oil in a blender or mortar to make a smooth paste. Season with salt and pepper.



When the pumpkin is soft, blend it until the soup is creamy and smooth. Now you can add saffron and nutmeg, add salt and pepper if needed. 


Now you're ready to serve: drizzle the basil paste over it and enjoy!








pictures by myself

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38